Monday, September 10, 2007

of B.A.S.I.C

Gene sharing the word and introducing the fellowship
From L to R: Lysha (m'sian), NZ girl, Irish girl ( i4got their names! sigh..)
Yared (guy in red,biomedical engineering grad, from Ethopia)

It's so refreshing to gather at the Union, room 236, 8pm and meet with fellow Christians on campus. I really felt relieved and felt a sense of belonging even though I haven't met all of them. B.A.S.I.C stands for Brothers and Sisters in Christ, a campus ministry by a local church: Full Gospel Christian Centre.

Met a lot of people, from a new zealand twin girls(4got their names!), a new zealand guy (ben-really friendly), an irish girl(4got her name), african americans (dominique-really funny, she's like whoopi goldberg!, andre, dell, lionel), an asian girl(esther), a filipino girl (shelly), an ethopian guy( yared who is doing biomedical engineering in grad school, looks like john legend though), mike (physics grad school, he's a Teaching Assistant for physics!, I could ask him to help me in physics) and loads more which 4got their names.

Met Gene a white guy who happens to be a parole officer cum youth worker on Stony campus for 17 years. I must say he looks like Steve Austin of WWE only much more friendly not violent!

I invited a local friend, Evan and a Junior year, M'sian friend Lysha to check out BASIC. We prayed and worshiped with a radio. Since the keyboardist (andre) has to attend a meeting. Really funny though, cos I haven't worshiped with a CD before.

Worship was so good, songs were really familiar (Heart of Worship, This is my Desire, I could sing of Your love etc.). When we prayed I felt so relieved to hear the first prayer on campus. Finally am assured and secured that there are Christians on campus. Christians to pray with. Christians that I can relate to. Without Christians friends to hang out with I'll die spiritually. I thanked God continuously..

There's loads of other Christian groups to check out. Korean CF, Chinese CF, Chi Alpha CF, Inter Varsity CF, Graduate CF and many more. I can't wait to meet more Christians on campus for these CFs work together and sometimes have joined events. Things are looking up now. Rest assured, now that I know that they are other brothers and sisters I can relate to.. Thank You Lord...

1 comment:

Éruadan Ïndïlwèn said...

g'day mate!
Seems that you're having a really good time in NY...... Keep on posting yea.. I wanna know how life goes on in NY.
c'ya later mate!