Friday, September 07, 2007

of a new enviroment

My first few days of this week has been hectic for me. trying to get my classes right and getting an approval from the BME dept (which happens to be on the 18th floor of the university hospital, 20 mins walk from main campus). Dr.Frame (BME undergrad director) told me that I have to do well for this semester (esp. BME 100) in order to get into the BME dept.

And later, I found out that the my advisor on orientation day, gave me the wrong math class! Gosh! What's worse? the right class for me has been closed! Spent like 2 hours trying to find the AMS 210 instructor so that he could let me in.

Our M'sian gang lined up for nearly 2 hours just to get $5 tickets to Six Flags (One of the largest theme park in the New Jersey). It was all in vain after 2 hours, for the tickets are sold out. We opt for LIRR (long island railroad) $6 tickets to Jamaica. Yeah, we're checking out the city next wednesday..since it's a holiday. (hope that the trains aren't packed)

And then, I met Sharon's Brooklyn high school friend, from HK. Had lunch and she told me loads about campus and how Brooklyn's like. And then I met her friends. we later checked out the apartment she live in. Sweeeet, she has a large bathroom and a double room (2 inhabitants). And i met a Greek guy from the EST 325 class there. Really friendly dude.

Oh well, I kinda like my dorm (even though we're the only ones staying on the ground floor). Loads of amenities are in close proximity; kitchen, restroom, laundry eg. Suite mates are fine, but they get noisy night.. ( I don't really mind unless I'm studying). They're a funny bunch.

How am I lately? Again, I did not do well in my final semester in INTI. 1 B+ and 2 B-. Maybe it's my fault or is it the lecturer's fault? (1 guy allows cheating). At least I know I that I did it without cheating. But I can't take it as a bargaining chip with God to bless me cos' it's partly my fault too ( i guess).. Discouraged now, a song echoes from the depths of my mind..

All I can Say, David Crowder

Lord I'm tired
So tired from walking
And Lord I'm so alone
And Lord the dark
Is creeping in
Creeping up
To swallow me
I think I'll stop
Rest here a while

And didn't You see me cry'n?
And didn't You hear me call Your name?
Wasn't it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You'd remember
Where you sat it down

Chorus:
And this is all that I can say right now
And this is all that I can give

Bridge:
I didn't notice You were standing here
I didn't know that
That was You holding me
I didn't notice You were cry'n too
I didn't know that
That was You washing my feet



The Lord's been good to me ever since I got here. He's been granting me favor. I've got permission to get into the classes I want even though they're closed already. But He gave it to me. About BME 100 (Intro to Biomed Eng), there were problems with admin (i was initially not given permission by BME dept. but Dr. Frame can't do anything bout it now, but to give me the course) but He gave it to me anyway... There is light after walking through a long dark tunnel. There'll be light at the end of the tunnel. A glimpse of hope, worry not about the destination but the journey. Cliche statement, but profound. That's the word of God.

2 comments:

ģeLïиe said...

good la tht u are enjoying. Keep holding on to His promises. Don't give up trying when times a tough. You're not alone yah. He's just a prayer away & we're an sms or phone call or blog msg away. hehe. Btw, got your number already?

Jesus Freak said...

things are really different here. guess i got shocked sometimes.
i haven't got a number yet. but my room number is 613-216-4151

thanks for dropping a comment
God Bless