Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Life's Uncertainties

It's been a grueling(not so) week for me. Papers are tough I would say, and I can hear New York calling me.. I imagine myself strolling down the legendary streets of the Big Apple. I picture myself taking pictures of Central Park and dropping by Columbia U(that Ivy league-university you see in Spiderman 3) to visit a friend. Just like Ben Stiller's "Night at the Museum", I would visit that historical establishment. Mingling with locals, joining them in their daily commute to work armed with a bagel in their hands as breakfast. It took me sometime to realize, from the moment I said "No" to Iowa and "Yes" to New York that God has plans for me there...

Street ministry has always been my passion. I love conversing with street people, sharing and showing them the love of Christ that radiates from within. I would love to capture smiles on their faces in pictures (looking at them just the way our Father looks at us with a smile on His face).

A few more days left in this country. Yeah, I get emotional at times. I could use a little more time here and do more things, but my time is up. I've got to go. I feel that I'm leaving something very important (like a part of me that I can't let go). I miss my cell group. Still remember we started at about 5 people. Then it grew gradually. 7 in attendance is fair. And we moved to different locations for our gatherings. And then we'll get a drink in SS2 and sometimes some nasi lemak near Maybank. And I still remember I prayed with my cell 2 years ago, begging Him to give me favor from New York. And now I got it. I miss chilling out in Oasis though. The people I've met along the way. I miss the ping pong sessions (sorry if i made a lot of noise!).

New York will be full of uncertainties. Will my expectations be met? Will build a close circle of friends? Will I find my other half there? (How's their food? :-p)... Questions like these pound my heart like the Blitz of London 1940. I just want the Lord to be with me. Closer than a buddy, closer than a girlfriend and closer than a parent. Be with me on the plane, in Seoul, over the Pacific and to JFK and beyond that.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" Ps 119 : 105

Here is a song i find truly sacrificial and had taught me to offer everything to Him (though it's hard).

Offering by Paul Baloche

The sun cannot compare to the glory of Your love,
There is not shadow in Your presence,
No mortal man would dare to stand before Your throne,
Before the Holy One of heaven,

It's only by Your blood,
And it's only through Your mercy,

Lord I come,
I bring an offering of worship to my King,
No one on earth deserves the praises that I sing,
Jesus may You receive the honor that You're due,
Oh Lord I bring an offering to You,
I bring an offering to You...

*listening to this another beautiful piece by Baloche, makes me ponder on how sacrificial his(Baloche's) heart is. "I bring an offering to You", may I sing that to the King who lives within us.
"I bring an offering to You", may these words be my daily meditation of Him...

3 comments:

ģeLïиe said...

thts so sweet of u to think of the cell that way. its good to know u guys hv been blest ;) we keep praying for Him to guide ur steps k.

Jesus Freak said...

yeah, cell's been a blessing to me. God bless cell groups everywhere! i still miss the times back in 2005 at nick's place. it was so hot and stuffy but we were jolly all the way.

and remember oscar the dog? we had to chase em back to the house!

ģeLïиe said...

i remember that. yes, we've been thru much over the past two years :)