Sunday, August 26, 2007

of churches


The basement cum dining area

Tina sharing about Harvard CF

Long Island Alliance Church

It's Sunday now. Followed The Lees to their Chinese Church in Dix Hills, probably 10 minutes drive from home. Name's Long Island Alliance Church. The congregation consists of mostly Chinese but has a White pastor and some Blacks too. Some Hispanics too. First, Sunday Schools (kinda like bible study ones for all ages up to college students, not just for kids. ) and the Chinese Service run simultaneously (Mandarin and Cantonese). Then it'll be snack time. Tried the classic New Yorker's breakfast; bagel. They look like donuts, only less sweeter and tastes like bread. They slice it into half and spread cheese all over it.

After that, the English service commence. I would say it's pretty conservative and much quiet but it's fine. Oh yeah, I made a few friends today; (Kevin, computer scientist; Egel, Indonesian computer scientist; Tina Tang, Harvard grad currently serving in Harvard-Radcliffe CF; Don, Stony Brook freshman). Kevin (getting married next year) told me loads about dorm tips, the dos and don'ts. It appears Tina knows a Harvard friend of mine (Hoong Ern). "Oh yeah, he's a good kid, he helps out alot and plays the piano".. says Tina. Oh yes, I met another
guy, Alex who plays the guitar (owns a $900 ovation semi acoustic) and drums.

After service lunch is served at the basement. Most Chinese churches provide meals but it ain't free. Well, since I'm a guest, I had buffet down there for FREE. hehe.

After that we went to "Bed Bath and Beyond" to get some pillows and towels. Paid $58.62 for; 2 pillows, clothe hanger, 1 towel and 6 hand towels. Gosh, why am I writing this??

Next door is Circuit City (electronic chain store). PSPs are cheap here, it costs $159 (approximately RM500) and I checked out the PS3 (*whistling tone; sweeeeeeeet graphics!!!).

Oh well, that's it for now. Ever since I'm here, I don't know what to write. Seems my writing style has changed though.

2 comments:

Eva S. said...

lol.. keep writing bro, So that I can keep track with ur life over there.

Sounds quite cool and ful... so keep writing yeah... and yeah, the jotting expenses thingy sounds quite not you. but, hey.. it makes me laugh wei.. hahaha...

Enjoy ur day there!

^O^

Hugz

Jesus Freak said...

thank you..