Saturday, August 11, 2007

A night with Him.

In the silence of night, armed with my trusty pencil and a soft rubber in which its particles are scattered all over the make-shift table, I began studying. I can't believe it. From circuits to inductance, large amounts of data are processed and stored in my "organic hard drive". At times, I grabbed the guitar struck a few notes accompanied with song. A moment of solitude..

Last Thursday, I was stranded in college until late at night. I was actually in Oasis alone. Well, not alone I guess, a friend of mine over to get a book and later left after a brief moment of conversing. And then I was alone. Alone.

I lay lazily on the couch and began to wonder in amusement how much God had brought me through life. Through high school, through college. I hate to admit it, but I'm going to miss INTI. Such irony! I used to dislike INTI's policies and now I'm on the verge of dropping a tear. Not INTI, but the people, the friends I have made and the friends I had bid farewell. That's life.

I talked to God. Telling Him how wise and sovereign He is thanking Him of all the things he has and is going to do in me. Of course the cliche description would be that of God is the Potter and I am the clay. Mould me as You wish. I would like to picture myself as a canvas. God is the Painter. Paint me as You wish.

I've got approximately 1 week left before I embark on a journey of discovery in the States. I prayed for the people I will leave behind and for the people I would meet there. I believe that God gave me pictures. Pictures of people I would meet there. He speaks to me with pictures.

After 30 minutes, I got a call from Mum. She'll come pick me up at 2315 hours. Guess, I have to move on. Move on to a different phase of life.

Here's a song that stirred up my passion for Christ. It sings of how sovereign our Lord is. Even His name has divine power. A name so powerful, that mountains bow down to His name.

Your Name by Paul Baloche

As the morning dawns and evening fades,
You inspire songs of praise
That rise from earth to touch Your heart
And glorify Your name,

Your name is a strong and mighty tower,
Your name is a shelter like no other,
Your name let the nations sing it louder
Cause' nothing has the power to save,
But Your name..

Jesus in Your name we pray,
Come and fill our hearts today,
Lord give us strength to live for You,
and glorify Your name,


*Bless Your name, Lord.

No comments: