Friday, August 31, 2007

things are looking up now...

it's been a week since i got here. settling down was relatively simple (i guess) thanks to the Lees for making transition easy for me. they have been such great hosts, making me feel welcome and getting used to the lifestyle here.

today we went to white castle for breakfast. famous for its small rectangular burgers (and cheap too, 56cents per piece). you could have it in just one go. and for lunch, the Lees brought me to Flushing, Queens. Chinatown to be exact. ate in a malaysian restaurant. to my amusement satay, char kuey teow and hokkien noodles tastes 85% authentic. and in the restaurant i can here, m'sian cantonese dialogs going around, and a wall painted map of m'sia. it really felt like home, since the owner hails from ipoh.

on the way back in the car, i listened to this song called "Blessed be Your name" over a Christian channel. it's lyrics made me remember of how God has been faithful to me. He has brought me this far... and He'll continue His work in me until my very last breath.

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name

Stony gave me permission to take BME 100: an introductory course for Biomedical Engineering. which is good, if i do well in it, it'll be a ticket for me to get into the Biomed Dept. (since i'm give a conditional offer. i'm actually in college of arts and science instead of college of engineering). looks like the Lord's been good to me. He has always been. It's just that i fail to see it at times. hard to imagine, all the hard times i've been through were actually molding times for me. and i thank Him for that. i read a scripture yesterday which really shot me. so relevant to me that i need to share it:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1 : 2-4

I took up biomedical engineering because I like to contribute to saving lifes like what a doctor does, but I like machines too. Hence biomedical engineering, the machinery part of medicine. It's like saving people's lifes not with a knife but with machines... Now that's my passion...

How can I not thank You??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHITE CASTLE!!! You're so lucky man..hehe always wanted tto visit there since watching Harold and Kumar,,lol!

Good luck in the US, take care!

Jesus Freak said...

yup, the burgers are 2 " in size. kinda like rectangular ones.

white castles are very famous with college kids here