Monday, August 20, 2007

thank You.

Finally, my life's next chapter is beginning to unfold. After 2 years begging God to grant me favor from New York, I'll be flying there tomorrow. Thank You Daddy...

Last night's party gave me much sweet memories of friends that I've met along the way. Thank you all for coming encouraging me. Thank you for your presence and gifts. And thank you for dunking me into the pool (twice). Thank you, relatives for helping me out. Thank you parents (esp Mum for organizing the party). (for pics, click on Kev's flickr link).

Time is really a precious gift from God. It cannot be recycled but only use once. Like a star that shoots across the night sky. It's shimmering glow comes and go briefly It's beauty will never return. I hope I had more time to spend with my family and friends...

Through it all, He sustained me. Held my hand and placed my feet on solid rock. Walked with me all the way. College was tough for me. And I'm glad He gave me what I asked for. Found peace and hope through this verse:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Great Expectations by Steven Curtis Chapman

The morning finds me here at heaven's door
A place I've been so many times before
Familiar thoughts and phrases start to flow
And carry me to places that I know so well
But dare I go where I don't understand
And do I dare remember where I am
I stand before the great eternal throne
The one that God Himself is seated on
And I, I've been invited as a son
Oh I, I've been invited to come and ...

Believe the unbelievable
Receive the inconceivable
And see beyond my wildest imagination
Lord, I come with great expectations

So wake the hope that slumbers in my soul
Stir the fire inside and make it glow
I'm trusting in a love that has no end
The Savior of this world has called me friend
And I, I've been invited with the Son
Oh I, I've been invited to come and ...

We've been invited with the Son
And we've been invited to come and ...

Believe the unbelievable
Receive the inconceivable
And see beyond our wildest imagination
Lord, we come with great expectations


*another beautiful song to suit this season of my soul

No comments: