Sunday, August 12, 2007

Of Sunday School Kids

A friend of mine once said that I was good with kids. She told me that I should try serving in Sunday School. So why not? I opt for the 3-4 age group in my church (Glad Tidings PJ).

After a whole year of serving there as a teacher assistant, I was finally "decommissioned" by Jessica, "my boss" for she gave me one month (June) off before I leave for the States. Oh yeah, about the kids... There were a mixed bag of nuts. Some are really quiet and shy (esp the girls), some just wanna have fun (esp the boys) and there's this particular pastor's kid (can't remember his name though) who always take the front and assume being the "Sunday School Teacher's Assistant". Really funny though! When it was worship time, he goes to the front and tells the kids to follow him in song ( while referring to the teacher). When it comes to the Word, (remember those cartoon bible characters your Sunday school teacher sticks on the white board?) he deliberately sticks them and repeats what the teacher has said about them.

I have to admit it, the most amusing time is during the art time. As the teacher gave the children the art work (kinda like printed papers you find in your coloring book), the kids begin their unique style of coloring. They gave people purple skin or perhaps colored the whole picture with a single color. David (a 4 year old) gave Jesus a brown afro! Talk about style!

I get pushes at the back at times and sometimes when I'm standing, David will come hugging my leg begging me to carry him (so that he'll feel like Spiderman).Oh yes, kids do fight here! Fight over toys especially. Well, that's Jessica's job though. She's the expert.

I never knew kids could be this fun.... Kinda teaches me to be like a father though. So, hear ye, hear ye, all creatures of God, do serve in your local Sunday School. Rewards are plentiful (and hilarious at times).

See the boy in green? That's David during Word.

During art time

A quiet boy( I couldn't remember his name. try zooming into his name tag)

The girls.. Quiet as ever (they finish the fastest and neatest)



2 comments:

ģeLïиe said...

glad u enjoyed ur time of teaching / helping out with the kids :D y u dint take pics with them?

Jesus Freak said...

oh was using my trusty PDA. regretted though.

oh nvrm perhaps some other time when i'm back. :-)